Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thousands of feet above sea level

We made it to Colorado. Fourteen hours later, five rain storms, and fifteen construction delays later. Nebraska may be my new favorite state on the account that the speed limit was 75 mph and the scenery was beautifully flat. The closer I got to Colorado the more the sky darkened and then the rains came.

Our first day we made it to Chicago and I got to take a trip down memory lane and visit my old home. My very small 1930's bungaloo style home. Many things were still the same and many things were different fortunately the woman who currently lives there didn't get to freak out by a complete stranger asking to walk through her home.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to make it to St. George, Utah where my paternal grandparents live. Here's hoping I can get adjusted to the mountain times zone!









No comments:

Post a Comment