Monday, August 23, 2010

Is it that obvious that I'm from the east coast?

I've been in LA for about 48 hours now and there are something about me that are apparently east coast traits. I'm impatient and bouncing, jiggling, or moving your leg, hand and/or foot makes you seem impatient. I constantly want something to do and I move pretty quickly. Now this is odd for me because at home I walk the slowest out of my friends and family but out here I could join a speed walking team and easily become their best athlete. The way I talk I guess lets people know I'm from the east coast. When I get excited about something I talked faster and louder and tend to use my hands. I thought that was just an Italian thing.

Los Angeleans are an interesting type of people, they never seem rushed and generally don't rush others. For example I was hell bent on spending exact change at a grocery store, I wanted to use ever last penny, so I ended up counting out sixteen cents. Not once to the cashier get huffy with me, it was wild. The wildest part about was that I was still trying to counting the change out fast.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll ever be full acclamiated to the west coast but here are some photos from Big Sur.








“No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.”-Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment