Friday, July 8, 2011

Hello Suburbia, it's been a while

Today I had to photograph a story about the increased number of vacant houses in Saginaw County. Well the writer wanted to take a different angle and I went to photograph the new subdivision in Freeland. So many homes!

Once I finished shooting for the paper I took a quick driver around the neighborhood and was reminded of my second year photo professor Jen Moon. She told about her time in suburban neighborhoods, shooting with a 4x5 camera, at night. She then showed my class a multimedia piece she made where the homes looked like they were being pulled apart to then show the next home and the audio was this crazy pulling/crunching sound. I can't seem to find the piece. But here's one of her pieces.

Here's my view of the burbs.


I also made a little video of my drive, seeing as blogger now lets you upload videos I might try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment