Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The hardest thing

Something that I've discovered is the most difficult thing to shoot is concerts. Not pop/rap/hip hop concerts, actually I have no idea what it's like to shoot those, but concerts where people sit in lawn chairs and listen to a band. I'm sure it's a very nice thing to do on a warm summer evening but to photograph, it's a challenge.

A professor use to say to my photography class "there's no there there" which I've recently discovered he didn't coin but rather Gertrude Stein did. Sometimes it feels as though these events are staginant and there's nothing there. The other photo intern and I were talking and determined that a great photographer has the ability to at least make a good photo in these situations. That is what I aspire to do. Make great photos in mundane situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment