Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Re-editing some stories

This past weekend I read a chapter in one of my old textbooks about photo stories, it's Ken Kobre's book Photojournalism The Professionals' Approach in case you were wondering. I read it and then re read it giving myself two days in between each read to see if I would discover something else I might miss first time around. I did miss things. I missed the examples Kobre gave of how to find photo stories and how Life would give photographers a list of things to shoot to ensure visual variety.

After reading it I decided I wanted to re-edit stories that I shot in college. I think reviewing the images after reading the chapter helped me to identify what I was missing or what I wish I would've shot.

So here's what I did: I made a bunch of laser jet black and white prints, nothing special, and just taped them up to my wall. Then started reorganizing and moving images around. I'll probably leave my first edit up for a couple of days and then come back and look at it again.

Here's my edit, any suggestions or critiques are welcome! (note: these images haven't been toned or cropped yet)









No comments:

Post a Comment