Monday, August 22, 2011

Opposite end of the lens

The thing about photographers is that we're rarely on the other end of the lens. And we prefer it that way.

I got to talk with the little girl I spent a larger portion of my junior year photographing a few days ago and I realized how fortunate we, as photographers, are. How many people get the kind of access we do? How many people get to see and experience moments in other people's lives? Not many. It's such a wonderful thing that sometimes I find myself taking for granted. I sometimes get angry with people when they don't want me there photographing. It wasn't until a fellow photographer tried to take my picture that I realized how truly great the people who let you in their lives are.

This is all the photographer got out of me, I don't think I'd make a very good subject to photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment