Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trying to give up the 17mm

Today I had to shoot a golf tournament, and I committed to ultimate community newspaper crime. I hardly covered the locals. If you should ever work for a community paper always remember people like to see themselves, i.e. shoot the locals. I also did not shoot tight enough.

So my editor gave me three things to work on:
1.) Shoot tight, especially for sports, meaning I have to stop loving the 17-35mm so much
2.) Watch my backgrounds, meaning I'm getting sloppy because people have poles coming out of their heads
3.) Remember the locals, meaning I must pay attention to the area I live in and who I'm delivering news to.

Because of my flops there won't be any golf photos instead here is a portrait I took of a mother who's son was murder and the case was never solved. I liked the photo but I think the paper will choose another.

No comments:

Post a Comment