Sunday, July 25, 2010

My time in Erie is coming to a close and parte dos of my internships will begin. There are a few things that I’ve learned, not just about photography but about the business side. Two weeks ago I spent time working for Lauren Greenfield, this is also who I will be interning with next. Photographers, who are in the field, don’t always like to hire female assistants because they can’t always carry the equipment. So an easy way to set yourself apart is to carry equipment, even if your arms are sore. Always stay behind the photographer, that way you don’t get in any of the shots and are there if they need something. Put everything back right where you found it, every photographer has a system.
I’ve been trying to work on a story while out in Erie, and it proven to be more challenging that I originally thought. Balancing time and finding people that willing to spend time with me has been hard. It gives me an idea of what life will be like after school.

Here are some images I took at Erie Speedway and St. Vincent's NICU


No comments:

Post a Comment